O God, with all our hearts, we long for you. Come, transform us to be Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered, Mission-focused people, multiplying disciples everywhere.
- As a disciple of Jesus, how deeply do you value being and making disciples?
- What concrete steps have you recently taken as Christ’s disciple to be like Jesus?
- Name one person you are in a disciple-making relationship with.
- That the Holy Spirit will fill us with the passion of being disciples and making disciples.
- That God would pour out his divine anointing on all those around the world who are involved in disciple-making, especially for those in limited-access nations.
- That the Southern Thai would become disciples who make disciples conformed to the likeness of Jesus.
- Let us join the early Church in praying, “Maranatha, Come Lord Jesus!”
- Jesus, what are you saying to the Church and me today in the specific area of disciple-making?
- How can I join you in this mission today?
Although the main religion of Thailand is Buddhism, Islam is the predominant religion in Southern Thailand. Most Southern Thai practice a folk Islam mixed with animism.
Many people in Southern Thailand are Malay by descent, who ended up in Thailand when Britain and France established the country’s borders in the early 1900s. Of the 10 million people who live in the south, less than 0.5% are believers, mainly from Buddhist backgrounds.
Locals believe a particular city in this region has intense spirit activity. Many people travel there from other countries to make merit and appease the spirits.
About 20,000 Thai call Canada home and the vast majority are Buddhist.
Pray with us:
Father, bless Thailand with a tremendous outpouring of your Holy Spirit! Thank you for the workers you have already called there! Bless them with protection, courage, and wisdom as they follow you into the ripe harvest fields. Would you send even more labourers to Thailand? We pray for connections with people of peace who both receive and share the Gospel with their friends and neighbours.
Bless many Thai with hearts that respond to your Good News. May the nation of Thailand yield a harvest of righteousness for the glory of your Name! Amen.
Pray the vision prayer with us:
The Alliance Canada
Watch what happenedEric Crow
A Journey Through The Alliance Vision Prayer | July 2The Alliance Canada
A Journey Through The Alliance Vision Prayer | July 1The Alliance Canada
A Journey Through The Alliance Vision Prayer | June 30The Alliance Canada
A Journey Through The Alliance Vision Prayer | June 29The Alliance Canada
A Journey Through The Alliance Vision Prayer | June 28The Alliance Canada